Monday, April 7, 2008

Looking for the Diva Inside


I'll admit I'm a bit shallow. If only I didn't keep forgetting how shallow I am. There's nothing that makes me feel better than a trip to a Turkish hair salon. I now know I shouldn't have delayed this bliss until Day 12 of our Istanbul adventure. It was deeply stupid of me!

A quick cab ride away from where we're living in Cihangir is the Ritz Carlton Taksim and inside, a true Turkish hair salon, complete with all-you-can-drink beverages. The haircolor/manicure/pedicure session took three hours out of my day, as well as major cash out of my pocket and some skin off my toes (it's not a Turkish pedicure until you bleed) but I consider it a small price to pay considering how good I look and feel now.

If only we had some friends to hang out with after our beauty pilgrimage. Unfortunately most of my friends work and don't have children, so Maya and I will have to start from scratch. There's a preschool visit and a babysitter interview in the works for this week. I also want to go check out a few neighborhoods on foot continuing my quest to find us a bigger place to live. I'm proud to say though that I've mastered the laundry, online grocery shopping and the 93 stairs one has to climb to get to our building from the street. Whether I can eventually call this place a home or not, at the very least, I'll have a tighter butt.

1 comment:

Zeynep said...

Dammit you should have waited until i came back from vacation :) ! We'll have to do it again together. You look great, BTW. You go girl!