Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Whatever

Today, I got fired for the first time in my life. I'll quote from the four-sentence email: "It seems, in light of our expanding website, that we are letting go of all our freelance writers and have instead hired an additional person in house. Sad." Yes, it was an email. Understandably, my editor wished to save the $5.00 she might have spent on the international phone call in order to pay the in-house writer she hired. I'm guessing this is the reality of a freelance writer and I have no choice but to get used to it.

Considering the day I've had, the news might have been the last straw. Surprisingly, it wasn't. I am able to hold it together.

1 comment:

Zeynep said...

Screw them. We'll be rich soon. The master plan starts thursday (if it doesn't rain). Start sharpening your, umm, keyboard cuz we're going into business mama!